If you have paper and scissors you can make Halloween decor or a web to accompany your reading of The Very Busy Spider.
1. Fold Rectangular Paper to form a triangle and long a rectangle
2. Cut off long rectangle
3. Cross outer corners of folded triangle across center point
4. Fold in half one more time
5. Cut a U-shape into the thickest part of the triangle.
6. Cut u-shapes along the fully folded edge of the triangle DO NOT CUT ALL THE WAY THRU
7. Unfold and VOILA!
Your emerging scissor user can even help on step 6 and a fully functioning scissor user could make a spider web of their very own!