I started this blog a month ago with the main objective of recording our daily activities and for the practical reason that I seldom have access to my laptop and could write down lesson ideas and resources from my cell phone while putting the boys down for bed each night. Since then I’ve been pleasantly surprised to find a rich community of bloggers with humorous, heart touching, and practical blogs whom I have learned from and enjoyed meeting virtually. Even more surprising was discovering that others found inspiration in my blog as well! Erica who writes the great blog Just a Little Dot is one of those people and graciously nominated me for the Liebster Award, a recognition for new blogs. This led me to revisit all of my favorite blogs that I follow and pay the recognition forward. I’d never heard of the award before receiving the nomination last week, but here are the details.
Here is how it works:
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 questions for the nominees.
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
Here are the questions she asked me to answer:
Where is your favorite place you have traveled?
My stay the the Shunkoin Buddhist Temple in Kyoto, Japan while I was participating in a U.S./Japan teacher exchange program was on of the most peaceful places I’ve ever visited.
What would you choose to have for your last meal
Thanksgiving Dinner with my family.
If you could have an evening with any person in the world who would it be?
I quiet night with my husband. I miss date nights.
What was your favorite childhood toy?
First Lamb. My dad gave her to me on the day I was born at the hospital. I still have her.
What is your favorite quote?
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”― Horace Mann
“Our greatest responsibility is to be good ancestors.”
― Dr. Jonas Salk
Cabin in the woods or oceanfront cottage?
Cabin in the woods for sure.
Android or Iphone?
Pearls or Diamonds?
What is your favorite post on your blog?
What is your favorite way to release stress?
Drawing or painting followed by a bubble bath with a very full glass of wine.
If you won the lottery what is the first thing you would do with your winnings?
Pay of my student loan debt and then put more money in the boys’ college fund.
Since I started blogging a month ago I’ve met some great people and seen some inspiring, useful, and fun blogs. Here are my 11 nominations for the Liebster Award:
These are the 11 questions I’d like my 11 nominees to answer:
- What flavor of jelly on your pb&j?
- If you could visit any other time period in history for one week, when would it be?
- What is your favorite holiday and holiday tradition?
- What is your favorite blog post you’ve written?
- Are you a mountain or an ocean person?
- Favorite flavor of ice cream?
- If you could only eat one type on cuisine (italian, mexican, indian, etc) for a month what would it be?
- Which 3 books have had the greatest influence on you as a person?
- What is your favorite scent for candles?
- If you could invite anyone in the world past or present to a 5 person dinner party who would it be?
- Why did you start blogging?